Navigating this Website
Rather than ramble on about looking at the stars, and watching a needle float on some water, I think I'll actually be sensible, and help you to try and work your way around my site. I hope you appreciate this [grin].
The first thing to mention is that all of my pages have, in the bottom right hand corner, an image - the symbol varies. It will either send you to a referring main page from which you have come, or it may send you to the help page. Here is a vague summary of all the logos I have used in this way, and to which page they point:
|The basic one that should either take you to the help pages, or to the main page of the maze, or somewhere else. Look, how do you expect me to remember each individual circumstance? I only write these pages.|
|This one is used in my classics pages (plug, plug) and refers you back to the main page. Or should do.|
|Here we have the logo in use on my Eternal Chaos III MUD pages that refer back to the EC3 main menu page.|
|Only used on one other page other than my logo page. Find the page and I'll send you something cool. Smartarses beware: this page doesn't count.|
|This little fellow lives in the corner of my puzzles pages and will lead you back to the main page menuing all of the puzzles on offer.|
|Used in the quotes pages to refer to the main page.|
|This unusual little fellow lies in waiting in my spoon pages. Visit them to find out.|
|I can't honestly remember if I ever used this one. It may be floating around somewhere.|
|Allegedly used in the creativity pages, wherever they may currently be. I think.|
|And speaking of thinking, this'll be the philosophical terminator. For anyone who actually has looked at my philosophy pages.|
|And finally the one that I use in my maths pages, fun though they be.|
Okay, so that wasn't an immense amount of useful information, but you get the general idea. You get chucked to a help page or a referring page, and some sections have their own logos. That's it.
There are several sections to my website, and many ways to categorise its content. Essentially, this is how it is set out, working from the initial third.html and moving outwards...
- Brain Surgery for Beginners. Here is where I store "all my own work". The content here is original work that I've done. The page provides you with a subject list. Explanations as to what these subjects represent are given on the appropriate pages. Rather than waste you're time, though, I'll also provide a summary here:
- Art: Original graphical works scanned in.
- Biology: A description of the quintessentials of who I am.
- Business: The schemes run by my (fake?) company, Stelonex Enterprises.
- Chemistry: Gathered knowledge on alcohol and the drinks that contain it.
- Classics: My classics server, hoping to cover all of Greek mythology.
- Divinity: My stuff on White Wolf games and HöL.
- English: Creative works in the form of prose, poetry, and songs.
- Geography: The geography of places that I've imagined.
- Greek: A look at Greek driving and the Points System.
- History: My past, as seen by me.
- Mathematics: Embarassingly enough, this is actually mathematics.
- Music: The band I'm involved with and the songs I've written for it.
- Philosophy: My personal philosophy, sound as it is.
- The Maze. This is my original website, still sticking around due to my fear of deletion. Notoriously difficult to navigate, I'll not bother explaining it. If you want to wander in, I recommend you keep your browser's back button handy.
- Serious Issues. Actually, I don't have any, so this is currently empty except for some film reviews.
- Miscellaneous Topics. This is the melting pot of "anything else" that gets left over when the other categories have had their fill. Current topics include (but are not limited to):
- Help. The help files that you've obviously already accessed, so I don't need to add anything other than some passing comment on the dubious nature of the efficacy of the help they offer.
- Comments. Effectively, readers' letters. Split into compliments and complaints, it provides me with more webpages that I don't have to put any effort into. Freeloading is fun!
- Developments. A dubiously entitled treatise that is meant to give the reader some kind of idea of the history behind the website that they're currently reviewing.
- the competition. Last and least, the competition, on which next to nothing is revealed, and which has no readily apparent purpose. Go figure.
That's basically the layout of my site as you see it. If you can't manage to find your way about now, then I'm worried. It all seems pretty simple to me and my playtesters. If everything else fails, try clicking on the underlined pieces of text - that usually seems to do something...